A self-declaration section is commonly found in job application form in Singapore. Not all of these questions are useful or lawful. Some are discriminatory or unfair or contradictory. Please seek proper legal advice should you want to include such a section in your interview form. It is better to provide a separate advisory statement, explaining your reasons for your selection criteria, for example the job requires heavy manual lifting so is inappropriate for pregnant female job applicants.
Former Employee or Job Applicant
- Are you a former employee?
- Have you applied for a position, been employed by or attached to any of our subsidiary companies?
- Have you ever applied for a job or joined our organization before?
Are you recommended by any of our staff? If yes, please state details.
Relatives or Friends
- Are you related to any employees in our company?
- Are any of your immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner, children, parents or siblings) currently in the employment of a competing business organization?
- Have you any relative in this organization? If so, state name, position and relationship.
- Do you have any relatives or friends presently employed by our company? If yes, please state.
- Are you at present suffering from any physical disability, disease, serious illness, or have been afflicted with any previously?
- Do you have any existing medical condition, physical impairment or substance dependence?
- Have you been or are you suffering from any impairment or disease?
- Have you ever suffered from any mental illness, physical illness or disability for which you have received medical treatment (e.g., diabetes, tuberculosis, epilepsy, asthma, gastric ulcers, kidney trouble)?
- Have you any physical disabilities, suffer from depression, on long term medication? If so, please give details.
- Any physical disability? If yes, please state.
- Any major illness or accident? If yes, please state.
- Have you been medically examined including x-ray within the past 3 months?
- Do you presently suffer or have you ever suffered from any physical impairment or disease including mental illness, deafness, handicap, etc? If yes, please specify.
- Are you on long term medication?
- Have you suffered from physical impairment, long term or mental illness? If yes, please state details
- Do you smoke?
- Have you been convicted in a court of law or are there any pending cases against you in any country?
- Do you have any existing criminal record(s) in Singapore or overseas (excluding parking offenses or spent records)?
- Have you been charged with any offence in a court of law in Singapore or in any country for which the outcome is pending (excluding parking offences)?
- Have you been convicted in a Court of law in Singapore or any other country?
- Have you ever been convicted in a court of law in any country?
- Are you currently under police investigations in Singapore or overseas?
- Have you ever been convicted of anything other than a minor traffic violation?
- Do you have a criminal record in Singapore?
- Are there any other legal proceedings currently taken against you? YES/NO
- Are you currently facing any lawsuits in a court of law in any country?
- Do you have any obligations to your present/past companies in terms of bonds, study loans etc?
- Have you broken any bond, left an employer without serving your period of moral obligatory
- service or are currently serving any bond or moral obligatory service (e.g. bonds associated with
- scholarships or obligatory service related to training awards or no-pay leave, etc)?
- Are you currently serving a bond? If yes, please state expiry date and dollar amount of the bond.
- Are you serving any bond with your present employer?
- Are you in debt / bonded?
- Have you signed a promissory note or have any unsecured debts for which the outstanding amount has not already been fully repaid? (This excludes overdrafts approved by recognized banks, hire purchases agreements, sums borrowed from insurance companies; co-operative societies or sums borrowed on security of land charged or mortgaged, and pawn shop payment).
- Are you an undischarged bankrupt or in default under any agreement to which you are a party or by which you may be bound and there is pending litigation, arbitration or administrative proceedings, as the case may be, that might materially affect your solvency,
- Are you an undischarged bankrupt?
- Are you an un-discharged bankrupt or do you have any outstanding unsecured debts?
- Have you ever been declared a bankrupt?
- Have you been or are you under any financial embarrassment?
- Have you been discharged from work because your work or conduct was unsatisfactory?
- Have you ever been dismissed or discharged from the employment of any company?
- Have you been terminated/ dismissed/ by any our your previous employer? YES/NO
- Are you willing to be posted overseas on a long term basis if required?
- Are you able to work shift? (Applicable to shift employees only)
- Do you hold a driving license?
- Do you own a car?
Conscript Armed Forces
- Have you completed National Service (if any)? (National Service refers to enlistment in conscript armed forces)
- Are you liable for National Service?
For female applicant, please specify if you are pregnant.
Do you have intention to apply for foreign citizenship/permanent residence within the next one year?
Agreement for Reference Check
Do you have any objections if reference check is made with your past and present employer(s)?
Your application will be disqualified if it is found that you have either willfully suppressed material facts or knowing given false particulars. If, after engagement, it is found that you have knowing made a false declaration on the form, the company reserves the right to terminate your service without notice.
I declare that the information and details furnished in this application form are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief, and I will not willfully suppressed any material fact.
I hereby declare that the information given above is true to the best of my knowledge, information and belief. I fully understand that if any of the information given by me in this application is in any way false or incorrect, the Company shall have the right to dismiss me without notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever.
I declare that all the information given by me in this application for employment and any additional documents attached hereto are true to the best of my knowledge and that I have not wilfully suppressed any material fact. I accept that if any of the information given by me in this application is in any way false or incorrect, my application may be rejected, any offer of employment may be withdrawn or my employment with the Service may be terminated summarily or I may be dismissed from the Service.
I hereby certify that all information provided in this application and any attachments is true and complete. I understand that any false information or omission may disqualify me from further consideration for employment, or, if I am hired, may result in my dismissal from employment if discovered at a later date.
I declare that the information given by me in this application for employment and any sheets attached hereto is true to the best of my knowledge and I have not wilfully suppressed any material fact. I accept that if any of the information given by me in this application for employment is in any way false, or incorrect, the Authority shall have the right to disqualify me or terminate my appointment.
- Any other information which you wish to use to support this application?
- Any other particulars regarding career and occupation you wish to bring to notice.
- Please give us your reason for joining this organization.
- How did you find out about this position?
- Please tell us a little more about yourself (personality, strengths, weaknesses, working style, what you do in your free time and on weekends, etc.)
- What kinds of tasks do you find the most fulfillment in doing? Why?
- In about 10 – 15 sentences, describe what you would consider as your most frustrating experience in life thus far.
- Could you elaborate on your work history and why you are leaving or have left your last job? Why are you considering joining our organization?